Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

Persevering in Prayer

My knees are bad, and if I lay on the floor to do it, I probably couldn’t get up. But when I try my comfortable bed, I often fail too. There are days when I simply don’t feel like doing it. Sometimes God feels near when I’m doing it and at other times he seems distant. I’ve been told it changes everything, but occasionally I wonder if it changes anything.

One thing’s for sure-I can’t do what Paul suggests. Never stop praying (I Thessalonians 5:17 NLT)….Or can I? In spite of the prayer giants who reportedly spent hours every day praying, the average person can’t stay on their knees continuously nor do they own several unoccupied hours they can devote to praying. Though it’s important to have designated appointments with our prayer closets, attitude is essential too. Read more...


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  






Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment