Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

Praising God for All Things

The LORD…frustrates the plans of the wicked (Psalm 146:9 NLT).Hundreds of years later, Paul parroted basically the identical thing but added that God takes evil plans and manufactures good. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God (Romans 8:28 NLT).

Time for a little philosophizing, which brings me to a few questions. How exactly will God fabricate good from a failed marriage and a broken family? Or from a wreck wherein my daughter totals my favorite truck? Or from my father’s premature death because he contracted Mercer while in the hospital? How exactly will missing work due to illnesses benefit me when I need the money to pay bills? And what about the financial roller coaster it seems I’ve been riding since I was 18? Is there a purpose for these and a hundred other foibles I could reveal from my own personal life-not to mention those I’ve witnessed in other’s lives? Am I really supposed to believe God will birth benefits from such episodes? Read more...


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  






Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment