Monday, October 27, 2014

Does God Really Need Me? - Martin Wiles

Series: Hey God…I Have a Question

Don’t just say to each other, ‘We’re safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.’ That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones. Matthew 3:9 NLT

Is it possible that an omnipotent and omniscient being actually needs me?

Among our most important needs are security, self-worth, and significance. Believing there is an individual who can consistently meet these three needs without failure positions me for disappointment. I can’t constantly meet all the needs of any one person nor can they return the favor. Only God has the ability to satisfy every need I have without ever failing. 

So why did God create me? Obviously he had a reason—unless I choose to believe in happenstance. In reality, he doesn’t need me to help him accomplish anything. Some whom Jesus encountered obviously thought more of themselves than they should have. When they appealed to their genealogical heritage to impress him, he discounted their claim by appealing to rocks. 

So why am I here? Though God is complete in himself, he created humans to worship him and enjoy interaction with him. He deserves my worship and adoration because he’s my creator. Every breath I inhale is because he allows it. With one decision, he could snuff out my life. He is holy, awesome, powerful, and almighty. The main reason I worship him, however, derives from appreciation. Through Christ, he provided my salvation. No longer am I under condemnation for my sins. Heaven rather than hell is in my eternal future. My sins are removed as far as the east is from the west. 

While God could use millions of angels to accomplish his earthly plan, he has chosen to include me. Jesus gave me—and all humans, the responsibility of spreading the message of his love across the face of this planet. Angels could accomplish it more quickly, but for whatever reason God furnished people the task. 

Innately, God doesn’t need me, but he has chosen to want me for his Kingdom purposes. No one is created without purpose…you included. Have you discovered yours?

Prayer: O God our Father, You have given us dominion over Your universe. Reveal our individual purpose that we might glorify You through our lives. 


______________________________

Martin N Michelle
Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a study on the book of Ephesians right now, and your post fits right in! It is amazing that God chose us...he wanted to "adopt us into His family" because it pleased Him! What a blessing is that! We can go through life, though, wondering what our purpose is, but when we look to God and serve Him, we've found the reason. Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete