Saturday, August 23, 2014

Do People Who’ve Never Heard about God Go to Heaven? by Martin Wiles

Series: Hey God…I Have a Question
My wife and I were visiting Nova Scotia on a mission trip. While there, we rented a car for travel back and forth to the places we would visit and work. We quickly noticed the unfamiliarity of the speed limit signs. Everything was in metric which we weren’t familiar with. Yet we were still responsible. Had we been stopped for speeding, the officer wouldn’t have taken an excuse that we were tourists who were unfamiliar with the metric system. It was our responsibility to learn the laws so we could obey them.

Humans also have a responsibility to their Creator. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. (Romans 1:20 NLT)

Jesus proclaimed himself as the only way to the Father, so what happens to those who’ve never heard of him. Are they still responsible? Will they have any chance to spend eternity in heaven? Perhaps I can’t know with absolute certainty, but there are some definite conclusions I can reach. 

People who’ve never heard of Jesus are still responsible to God. Nature proclaims his existence. Theologians term this his general revelation. Though this isn’t sufficient to lead me to Jesus, it’s enough to make me accountable to God. It points me to a supreme Designer. 

Another certainty is the responsibility I have as a believer to share the gospel. When those who’ve never heard hear, they can then see how to connect with the supreme Designer. God has accomplished his part; I must fulfill mine. 

In our world of technological marvels, the numbers of those who’ve truly never heard about Jesus are rapidly shrinking. For those who die having never heard, I must trust God’s love and grace. Perhaps there is no absolute answer. I’m responsible for fulfilling my duty. I’ll leave the rest to God.

Are you doing your part to make sure those in your circle of influence are hearing about Jesus?

Prayer: Prompt us Lord Jesus to spread the message of Your love to everyone we meet. 

Martin N Michelle
Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment