Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Discovering Life’s Answers by Martin Wiles

I’ve had questions. I have questions. I will have questions. Where should I turn for answers?

Among my life’s questions have been where I came from and how. As well as if a laundry list of items would hurt or kill me if I tasted them or got them on my hands. I’ve probed the validity of my faith and the reality of God. I’ve even questioned some of my questions. I’ve queried what heaven would be like and if I’ll recognize my loved ones. I’ve questioned decisions I’ve made that seemed logical at the time but later appeared irrational. And at 27, I decided to attend college to confront some of the theological questions others might ask me. 

Of all the places where bits of wisdom can be found, there is only one dependable source. If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. (James 1:5 NLT)

I’ve heard it said of some individuals that they “have book sense but no common sense.” While there is nothing wrong with book wisdom, I need guidance in day to day situations. The principles that will help me maneuver through any circumstance are found in God’s book. Though the book is ancient, its timeliness remains. 

God also grants wisdom when I pray. I don’t have to grope around in the darkness hoping I’ll stumble on the right path to stagger down. Rather, God’s Spirit will impress upon my spirit the exact course of action. 

In addition, God enables me to distinguish right from wrong in every circumstance. This is an increasingly difficult matter when the lines separating the two are becoming increasingly blurrier. 

Are you searching in the wrong place for the answers to life’s dilemmas? Look no farther than a vibrant relationship with Christ.

Prayer: All Wise God, when we’ve reached the end of ourselves, remind us to begin with You. 

Begin each day with a dose of encouraging thoughts. Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment