Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God Misses Nothing by Martin Wiles

She was a victim of circumstances. What happened to her was common. Happily, someone was looking on.

Hagar was the servant of a woman married to a wealthy man, but all of his riches couldn’t provide a son for a woman whose womb was sealed. So her mistress resorted to a familiar custom by asking her to bear a child for her. She agreed. What choice did she have? But she made the mistake of getting proud after she became pregnant. Her mistress couldn’t help but notice her arrogance and sent her and her unborn child into the wilderness to die. Here she encountered a God who saw her situation and intervened.

Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. She said, “You are the God who sees me.” She also said, “Have I truly seen the One who sees me?” (Genesis 16:13 NLT)

I’m sometimes tempted to think God only sees the big things in my life but misses the small events when in reality he misses nothing. If I’m diagnosed with a life threatening disease he sees it. But he’s also looking when I’m kind to a co-worker or student at school.

While God misses nothing, he doesn’t always intervene unless I ask. It’s not that he doesn’t desire to help; he is simply waiting on my invitation. When I invite him into my circumstances, he promises to work all things together for good (Romans 8:28).

God also doesn’t miss my acts of disobedience, such as with Hagar. She left her mistress and ran from her problem. I’ve been known to do the same. God is always faithful to send a gentle disciplinary reminder when I do.

Whether or not you feel God’s presence continually, he is always around. He misses nothing in your life.

Prayer: Thank You, Almighty God, for continuously being involved in our daily affairs and for giving us the wisdom we need for daily living.

Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.

2 comments:

  1. "Whether or not you feel God’s presence continually, he is always around. He misses nothing in your life." So true! Such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful that God doesn't miss anything...good or bad...in my life. So often, I have blinders on when it comes to things I need to work on. But He always sees right to my heart and lovingly and compassionately helps me to do and be better.

    ReplyDelete