Saturday, October 19, 2013

What Grace Brings by Martin Wiles

I’m a recipient of it every day. And while I don’t deserve it, it’s doled out in huge scoops.

I woke up this morning and was still living on planet earth, breathing fresh air, able to get up out of bed, walk, and take care of my responsibilities. I didn’t do anything to deserve such rich blessings, but God chose to give them anyway. That’s grace. Lying beside me was the most beautiful woman in the world who loves me with all her heart. I don’t deserve her, but God gave her to me anyway. And that’s grace. I have two healthy children and one robust grandchild who love me. I don’t deserve them, but God gave them nevertheless. That’s grace. Every good aspect of my life is because of God’s grace.

Grace defined is undeserved favor—in this case from God, and it is revealed to all who will accept it. For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people (Titus 2:11 NLT).

The most important thing God’s grace has delivered to me is salvation. When I recognized my sins needed forgiving and that they were separating me from a loving relationship with God, I asked him for forgiveness. And he granted it. No questions asked. I didn’t deserve it, but he gave it nevertheless.

God’s grace also leads to my right living. Even though I’m forgiven, I still do battle with temptations to live against God’s will. Remembering what Christ has done for me encourages me to show my appreciation by obeying his commands.

Additionally, God’s grace gives me future hope. I’m delivered now and will be throughout eternity. I have an eternal home free of tears, pain, misery, death, sorrow, and every form of sin.

If you haven’t experienced God’s grace, why not ask for it today?

Prayer: Thank You, eternal God, for allowing us to experience and enjoy what we don’t deserve.

Need a fresh perspective on money matters? Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment