Saturday, September 14, 2013

Inner Power by Martin Wiles

A rush of it causes people to do things they’re normally incapable of or wouldn’t otherwise do.

Part of the body’s flight or fight process, adrenaline is a hormone produced by the body’s adrenal glands during periods of high stress or anxiety. With an adrenaline rush, the heart rate increases, the blood vessels contract, and the air passages dilate. All of which increases blood flow to the muscles and oxygen to the lungs. Such rushes have caused humans to lift cars by themselves or to rush in burning buildings to save a life.

In one of his post-resurrection appearances, Jesus informed his disciples: But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you (Acts 1:8 NLT). The key to their success was the inner power of God’s Spirit.

Power is intoxicating, and every Christian can be drunk on it whether they realize it or not. In older Bible translations, the term Holy Ghost may have conjured up scary images. Spirit gives a more accurate description of God’s presence that resides in every believer. He is Immanuel—God with us.

As an adrenaline rush gives the body power it doesn’t normally possess, so God’s Spirit gives me unnatural power as well. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nothing God assigns me in life to endure or complete is beyond his ability to enable me to accomplish it. I also enjoy his continual presence to help me face whatever life brings. He’ll never leave or forsake me. What’s more, God’s Spirit gives me guidance. In my own strength, I make many wrong turns and unhealthy decisions, but with his Spirit’s guidance, I can choose correctly every time if I’ll consult him.

Are you taking advantage of your inner Power?

Prayer: Thank You Lord for Your abiding presence that gives us power and guidance.

Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment