Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love’s Intensity

Matthew 5:23-24 So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God. (NLT)

Does conflict affect worshipping God? Obviously it does. And it’s not only if I have something against another person but also if they have something against me. Even if I’ve done nothing to instigate their “something against me” it affects my interaction with God-at least if I’m aware of the something. Instead of waiting for them to come begging my forgiveness, I should confess my regret over the infraction and attempt to correct it. Only when the horizontal is rectified will the vertical be effective, enjoyable and peaceful. Is your intensity to love and serve God strong enough to swallow the pride that often keeps us from resolving conflict?
(photo courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment