Friday, October 14, 2011

Love Flavors

Matthew 5:13 You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? (NLT)

I’m not a saltaholic but I do love what it does to my food. I can’t imagine eating without it though I suppose I could adjust as many others have should it be required to preserve my health.  And there are some foods-such as grits and French fries, which I simply couldn’t imagine enjoying without it. Salt flavors food. If it doesn’t it fails in its purpose. Followers of Jesus have the opportunity to do what salt is intended to do-flavor. By our example and through our words, attitudes and actions, we can make the world taste a little better. But if we are not frugal with the very same we will realize a less than desirable life experience and contribute to others as well. Is the world better because you are alive?

2 comments:

  1. great site. I love it.
    http://bibledevotionwisdom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write a devotional blog, too, and your words here are very inspiring to me. I hope God gives me the perfect words of truth to share with people -not too much, not too little. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete