Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Contentedly Loved

(photo courtesy of christianphotos.net)
     Philippians 4:11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. (NIV)

     I admit. I’ve endured some circumstances I had difficulty being content with. I surely wasn’t happy. In fact, I was a little anxious and maybe a lot worried. Then it happened. I aged a little and what once caused me to fret no longer did. My perspective changed and so did my priorities. Paul’s list of adversities could make a grown man cry, but his secret of contentment can be enjoyed by everyone who follows Christ. Contentment is not identical with happiness or enjoyment. Contentment is accepting what God sends or allows because we believe he's in control and because his love will only deliver what's best for us in the long run. Since God’s in control and loves me, I can be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment