Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Paid in Full - Karen Huffaker

paid in full
He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:14 NLT

I love seeing “Paid in full” on my accounts.

As I sat at the kitchen table, trying to enjoy a quiet breakfast with my morning coffee, notifications rang that familiar sound. Statements of accounts came in on my cell phone. Whether by electronic means or old-fashioned snail mail, monthly statements will come as surely as the sun rises.

These statements give the status of my account with that business, company, or entity. Some indicate how much I owe and the date I must pay or act. Others confirm I’m up to date, along with any remaining obligations. Still others state my account has been paid in full and satisfied. Hopefully, I’m in good standing with them all. Woe to me if I’m not.

I’m glad God doesn’t send me a statement each month about my account details that lists all my failures, shortcomings, and sins. To have my sins tracked and documented and then sent to me would be unpleasant, to say the least—even horrible.

Thankfully, Jesus has paid my account in full. He has paid for all my sins–past, present, and future. Jesus covered me and my account with His blood on the cross. Once I believed and accepted Him as my Savior, my sin debt was covered and wiped away. He forgave all my sins.

I don’t owe anything more on my account. Having been saved by grace through faith in Jesus, my gift of salvation is assured. I am grateful for God’s great gift to me.

What is the greatest gift you’ve ever received?

Tweetable: What is your greatest gift? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment