Friday, July 21, 2023

Beloved and Up Close - Munashe Nguruza

beloved and up close
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased!” Matthew 17:5 NLT

I pleaded. I begged. I would not take no for an answer. I wanted to feel beloved and up close.

Then, I heard God say, “You are not my son.”

I was dumbstruck.

I said, “Lord, that is so unkind and cruel.”

He replied, “I am your loving Dad, and you are my beloved son. Don’t make yourself less than that.”

I had begged for days on end, yet no answer had come. The Lord, in his kindness, gave me fresh knowledge. He made me a son, not a beggar. He brought me close because he intends to hear from me.

God set my theology right. The way I saw myself would affect my prayers. How often had I prayed like a servant, leaving my identity entirely out of the equation? Who God says we are is who we are.

We are guaranteed an answer from God. Sometimes it comes as information and sometimes as a superb miracle, yet we will always have it.

I had begged until God reminded me I was his son. Then, I thanked him for his love and grace. Somehow, I knew he would come through, and he did in an amazing way.

God’s Word says his children will dwell in safety. Making ourselves less than we are takes away our advantage. No greater security exists than the love of the Lord, which he has poured greatly on us. We pray from a place where our identity is the key. God made us irresistible to him when we accepted Jesus.

Go bravely into the light with God’s peace. Say, “Loving Father, your beloved child is grateful, then boldly state your case.

How can you better understand your identity in Christ?

Tweetable: Do you know your identity? 


Munashe Nguruza is a child of God, soul winner, and blogger. His passion is to see lives transformed and healed by the Word of God 





Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment