Friday, May 5, 2023

Extravagant Love - Karen Huffaker

God's love
For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 TLB

I do love cheesecake.

My favorite flavor is just plain basic cheesecake (the kind with graham cracker crust), yet it’s extravagant. Oh my. There are no surprises when I bite into it—no overpowering or competing flavors. Instead, I can count on every spoonful to be equally delicious and as rich and creamy as the previous one. Its deliciousness fulfills all my expectations. Simply divine.

As much as I may bask in the delights of cheesecake, I am more overwhelmed with God’s extravagant love. He delights in me and showers me with His blessings, goodness, compassion, and grace. His mercies never cease. I bask in His love. I feel like the cherished daughter I am—a child of the King, the most-high God. He grants favor and honor in unexpected ways, and I count it all joy.

We don’t have to settle for less than the greatest love. God’s love is accepting, forgiving, generous, and fulfilling. We don’t have to seek love and acceptance in the wrong places. We only need to receive God’s kind of love.

God paid the highest price imaginable for us when He sacrificed His one and only Son for our sins. He welcomes us into His family. We need only bow before our heavenly Father, who bestows His extravagant love. He wants to shower His extravagant love on us. All we must do is receive it.

How can you delight in God’s extravagant love for you?

Tweetable: Are you delighting in God's extravagant love? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment