Friday, April 7, 2023

A Heart Full of Crosses - Karen Huffaker

a heart full of crosses
This is what real love is: It is not our love for God; it is God’s love for us. He sent his Son to die in our place to take away our sins. 1 John 4:10 NCV

How precious it was when a little boy named Luke walked up and gave me a Valentine he had made—one with a heart full of crosses.

I don’t usually get Valentine’s cards from my grandchildren these days—the sweet cards and crafts they made in kindergarten. They are all growing up so quickly.

But Luke gave me one. He and some of the children at church made cards and gave them to folks in my Sunday school class. My heart-shaped card was cut from clear plastic and had dozens of red, blue, and yellow painted crosses. The card was bordered in red and had a string of yarn tied at the top so I could hang it.

The heart design conveyed love, but all the other crosses painted within the heart showed the love of Jesus. And the red border reminded me of the blood Jesus shed as He hung on the cross.

I don’t have to wonder whether I’m good enough or if God loves me. His Word reminds us that He loves all people, as shown by His sacrificial love.

This special card still hangs from the light over my kitchen table, even though Valentine’s Day has long passed. I smile every time I look at it because it reminds me of God’s love, the cross of Christ, and a surprise gift from a little boy.

In what ways have you experienced God’s love?

Please help us grow our reach. Share this post on your social media platforms.


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment