Friday, March 17, 2023

The One True God - Karen Huffaker

The One True God
This is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3 NLT

My childhood ambition was to be a weather girl on television.

Miss Pat was the local weather personality on the morning show my mother watched daily. She was attractive, likable, and intelligent. And her demeanor made her weather forecasts enjoyable enough to inspire a child.

Pat became my role model as she stood before the big maps, pointing to national regions. It looked easy enough, I thought. I drew crude weather charts and information on paper, taped them to the wall in our den, and used a yardstick to point to various pictures as I “broadcasted” the day’s weather report to my imaginary audience.

By my seventh-grade year, I was still slightly interested in the weather. So, for my science project, I made a couple of simple instruments to demonstrate how to measure wind speed and direction.

But now, as an adult, I desire to point others to the one true God. I show my desire through my words, activities, and lifestyle. Through prayer, involvement in ministries in my church and community, and serving others, I share the light and love of Jesus. I want to encourage others in hope and faith.

The Bible provides wisdom and guidance to live according to God’s plan. It records the details about Christ, whom God sent to earth so we can know and accept Him.

As followers of Christ, we learn how to imitate Him, but obeying God is a lifelong pursuit that leads us to an abundant life with lasting purpose and eternal life in heaven.

Do you have a role model that points you to the one true God? 

Tweetable: How are you pointing others to the one true God? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment