Monday, March 20, 2023

Not My Body - Martin Wiles

Not My Body
And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything everywhere with his presence. Ephesians 1:23 NLT

It’s not my body after all.

“It’s my body. I can do whatever I want with it” is an argument often used by advocates of particular causes or those with habits that can potentially ruin their health—even kill them. On the surface, the argument appears valid. It is my body, and I do have power over it. If I want to go into the kitchen, work outside, attend church, or drive somewhere, I can make my body obey. Whatever messages enter my mind that require bodily movement, my body will obey unless it’s physically incapacitated, or I ignore the message.

The Bible says God is spirit, but he showed up in bodily form in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus’ body moved according to the Father’s plan. He went where God told him and spoke the words the Father whispered in his ear. But that body was mangled, crucified, placed in a tomb, raised to life three days later, and eventually received back into heaven.

God’s body is now represented in every believer’s body. And if it belongs to God, then it doesn’t belong to us. While we still have control over it and can ignore God, we’ll only be blessed and rewarded when we make our bodies follow the messages God puts in our minds. We receive those messages as we daily read his Word, pray, and pay attention to the still small voice of his Spirit.

God expected his Son’s body to follow his directives when he was on earth, and he wants his church body to do the same.

Let God direct your body to accomplish his perfect will. You’ll be glad you obeyed.

Prayer: Father, direct our bodies so that we may accomplish Your kingdom’s work in this world. 

Tweetable: Are you following God's directives for your body? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment