Saturday, October 23, 2021

Tell Someone - Martin Wiles

Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. Psalm 66:16 NLT

“Now, don’t tell anyone.”

I have a friend who loves a juicy piece of gossip. He doesn’t mean to share anything that would harm anyone else—he’s the kindest and most helpful person you’d ever want to meet—but he just can’t help spreading a little news.

Often, in our conversations together, I ask him to keep what I had told him confidential. He promises he will. But later, I would always run into someone who knew what I had told my friend. Knowing there was no other way they could have discovered the information, I realized my friend had told them.

Of course, he liked to tell me the same thing when he found out something about someone. His “Now, don’t tell anyone” followed many stories he shared with me. Interestingly, I didn’t have to worry about telling anyone. He’d take care of that.

I learned over time that I had to be careful what I shared with him. If I didn’t want something told, I better not tell him. He just couldn’t help telling someone. He had the gift of gab, and in his too much talk came too much information.

The psalmist wanted to tell something too, but what he had to share needed sharing. He wanted to tell others what God had done for him. He cried out to God when he recognized his sinfulness, and God came to his rescue by forgiving him. God could have turned His face away from the psalmist, but He didn’t.

While we shouldn’t be spreaders of gossip, we should share how God has and does work in our lives. Our world appears a hopeless place, but as believers, we have words of hope that others need to hear. Our world is often a joyless place, but we have a lifestyle to share that ushers in joy regardless of our circumstances. Keeping our discoveries a secret keeps others from enjoying the hope and joy we live with.

We also have an eternal lover who keeps giving us love no matter how many times we fail to do the same for Him. Our Savior loves us unconditionally, and He is always there for us when we need Him. Through our walk with Him, we discover there’s more to life than getting and trying to maintain stuff. A relationship with Him that never grows old awaits us. And that needs to be told.

Who have you not told about God, but need to?

Prayer: Father, motivate us to spread the good news of Your love. 

Tweetable: What are you telling that you shouldn't? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment