Monday, May 24, 2021

Meandering Monday - Where Do You Go When There’s Trouble? - Martin Wiles

Welcome to Meandering Monday, where we take a trip back to an earlier post and enjoy it again. 

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 KJV

The news rattled my brain and troubled my soul.

Receiving the disturbing news was only half the battle. Now I was faced with what to do. I had never dealt with a situation quite like this and needed guidance. I needed someone who was wise in age and experience.

Finally thinking of someone, I called, explained, and asked for wisdom. Yet one person didn’t seem enough. I called two more—one a close friend and the other a trusted peer. Most importantly, I prayed. While God could use others, I needed to hear him as well as them. When I eventually acted on the information I’d received, I felt confident I’d made the right decision.

When trouble strikes, I’ve discovered it’s beneficial to have a few trusted peers I can seek out for advice. Peers are often neutral to the situation and can therefore give impartial advice. If they happen to be in a similar profession, their advice becomes even more valuable. David had times in his life when he sought help from his peers.

Wise friends are comforting when trouble arrives. Having someone to share with whom I know won’t judge me but at the same time will give me honest advice is important. Good friends know me inside and out and are able to tailor their advice accordingly. David had a good friend in the king’s son, Jonathan.

Reputable authors are also a good source of advice when difficulties come. The chances are great there’s a book addressing the trouble I’m facing at any given time.

The best person to go to when dilemmas appear is God. David didn’t look to the hills but to God. Through prayer and the reading of God’s Word, I can find guidance, strength, peace, and comfort in the midst of my disconcerting situations. Through these means, I hear and feel God’s Spirit speaking to my spirit and comforting my soul.

Trouble will come, but where will you turn when it does?

Prayer: God of wisdom and grace, comfort us in our times of trouble so that we might also comfort others.

Tweetable: Where do you turn in times of trouble? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

2 comments:

  1. I always want to go to God first. Yet, sometimes I fail and try to handle things on my own. When I go to God, He covers me with His peace and comfort. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Melissa, for your comments and for stopping by.

      Delete