Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Spreading the Good News - Thomas Brown

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you
will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze
. Isaiah 43:2 NIV

One day, as I sat at my piano, I found myself frustrated with the sound of my music 

I had not practiced for weeks, and I found myself having to review the basics again. I was troubled and thought about how this relates to my Christian walk with Christ. As I sat there and reflected, I realized if we stop doing things it just becomes a habit. Even our good habits can become bad habits just by stopping the good habit. 

The same happens if we stop reading our Bible. Starting again will be harder than it was to stop. Especially since the devil does not want us to read Scripture. 

In Bible times, some kings were strong believers in the one true God, but some were not. Although there were many martyrs, some are better known. But all were killed for believing in Christ. Some were stoned to death and others were killed by other means, but they all died because they believed and publicly preached the gospel—something the Bible tells us to do. 

We should imitate those who died for their faith. We need to keep telling others about God’s love. This is part of God’s command to us.  

Think of at least two people you can tell about God’s love. Little things can make big things happen.

Prayer: Father, give us the strength to spread the good news of Your love and to invite others to come to You.

Tweetable: Are you spreading the good news? 

Thomas Brown is a middle schooler at Greenwood Christian School in Greenwood, South Carolina. He has one brother and a dog named Lucy. He has lived in nearby Abbeville all his life and hopes one day to visit Alaska.


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.




1 comment: