Friday, February 12, 2021

Flashback Friday - The Gap Stander - Martin Wiles

The Gap Stander


For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.  II Corinthians 5:21 NLT

I needed a gap stander, and he was there. 

I can honestly say I never fought while growing up. Fighting seemed a senseless way to solve conflicts. Additionally, my build didn’t lend itself to fights. Once a school bully accused me of throwing soda on his car and demanded I wash it or suffer the consequences. Since I hadn’t soiled his car, I wasn’t about to issue a free clean. I may have chosen not to fight, but I wasn’t someone’s doormat either. When I denied his request, he threatened to pound my head. Luckily, my good friend stepped in and said, “You gonna have to go through me to get him.” The bully stepped away, and I breathed a sigh of relief. My gap stander came to my rescue and continued to until the bully’s ire subsided. Read more...

Tell us how you've stood in the gap for others. 

Tweetable: Are you a gap stander? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment