Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Throwback Tuesday - Waiting Wisely - Martin Wiles

Waiting Wisely

When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:3 NLT

For a young middle schooler, the expectancy was almost unbearable. 

In 1970, my father accepted the responsibilities of pastoring a church in Jackson, Tennessee. We packed and headed 14 hours away from the only state I’d ever lived in. Leaving grandparents and great grandparents—as well as cousins, aunts, and uncles, wasn’t easy for a young boy. But summer finally arrived, and with it the appearance of my paternal grandmother. After a short visit, I’d leave with her to spend an entire summer being spoiled by my favorite grandparents and also earn money helping my grandfather on the ice cream truck. The thought of her impending arrival and my imminent departure stirred excitement in this pre-teen’s otherwise boring life. Read more...

Tweetable: Are you waiting wisely...or just waiting? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment