Friday, March 6, 2020

Flashback Friday - Weary and Burdened - Martin Wiles

Weary and Burdened

I’ll never forget the summer I helped a local farmer pick watermelons. The workday at my regular place of employment ended at 3:20 p.m., so I had plenty of daylight to burn before dark. This particular summer I chose to spend those hours making extra money in the watermelon field. The late afternoon humidity—combined with soaring temperatures, was almost unbearable. Added to this were the weeds…some as tall as me, that prevented me from feeling even the slightest breeze sneaking through the baked field. Pick up, hurl onto the truck, pick up, hurl onto the truck. My actions were repeated for four hours every day. By the time I arrived home for a shower and bed, I could barely move. I was weary and burdened. Read more...

Tweetable: Where do you go when you're weary and burdened? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment