Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Throwback Tuesday - The Waiting Game - Martin Wiles

The Waiting Game

Series: Practical Advice for Life

Gardening has been one of my favorite pastimes for a number of years. As the warm temperatures of spring make their arrival, I’m always eager to plunge my hands into the dirt. My anxiousness often has its drawbacks. 

Many replanting notches dot my belt, but the end of cold weather guarantees success. Plants grow and seeds sprout. Waiting, however, is the part of gardening I don’t enjoy. Corn kernels may germinate and raise their heads in March, but it’s June before I gnaw on a succulent ear of corn. And tomatoes, squash, beans, and cucumbers take about the same length of time to produce.

Psychologists refer to such a waiting process as delayed gratification. Initial effort is made, but the reward for the effort hangs in the future. Read more...

Tweetable: Are you playing the waiting game...when you'd rather not? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment