Friday, February 7, 2020

Flashback Friday - Don’t Complain; Trust - Martin Wiles

Don’t Complain; Trust

Series: Practical Advice for Life

It’s somebody else’s fault. One of the lies I’m often tempted to tell myself. A psychological defense mechanism that prevents me from accepting responsibility for my actions or thoughts. I don’t relish the oncoming consequences I see swirling around in my mind, so I attempt to escape them by blaming another person or set of circumstances.

Complaining, grumbling, judging, blaming. All four are intimately related and can occur at the same time and in the same place. If I’m complaining, I’m grumbling. If I’m grumbling, I’m normally judging someone or a situation. And if I’m judging, I’m putting the blame on something or someone else. I do a good job at this. How much easier to complain about only three among 20 registers being open than enjoy the company of others while waiting in line. How much more comfortable to grumble about how much I don’t earn than thank my employer for the job. How much easier to judge the young lady who comes to church with liquor on her breath than to love her as Christ would. How much more convenient to blame circumstances for my inability to repay the loan I secured than accept the consequences of a poor decision. Read more...

Tweetable: Are you a complainer or a truster?

Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment