Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Throwback Tuesday - Talk Really Isn’t Cheap - Martin Wiles

Talk Really Isn’t Cheap

What I say may very well cost me and others a great deal.

“Talk is cheap” is an idiom that expresses one's doubt over a particular course of action. Husband to wife: “One day I’m going to buy you a brand new dishwasher.” Three years later when he makes that statement, the wife responds, “Talk is cheap.” Boss to an employee: “Hopefully, this will be the year I’ll be able to give you a promotion and raise.” Two years later when he coughs up the remark, the employee mutters under his breath, “Talk is cheap.” For years now, I’ve been telling my wife that I’ll actually buy her a diamond you can see without using a magnifying glass. So far, my talk has been cheap—though not intentionally. When actions don’t follow repeated promises, the talk becomes cheap. Only when the promise is fulfilled do the words spoken carry value. Read more...

Tweetable: How much weight do your words carry?


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment