Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Throwback Tuesday - What Do You Need - Martin Wiles

What Do You Need? 

“Dad, I need a new pair of shoes.” As I scanned over the pair dangling on my son’s feet, I wondered how he could need a new pair so soon. I saw no holes in the cloth. His toes weren’t pricking the end, nor were his soles protruding through the rubber bottoms. “Why do you need a new pair?” I queried. “I just do,” he replied. As I probed and pointed out the sufficiency of his present shoes, he finally admitted: “Well, all my friends are wearing _________.” (You fill in the blank with the brand.) New shoes weren’t a need; they were a want. So I took the opportunity to explain the difference between a want and a need and also about peer pressure and the danger sometimes involved in following the crowd. Read more...

Tweetable: What do you need from God? 




Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment