Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Hundred-Dollar Book - Solace from the Psalms - Martin Wiles


For thousands of years, people have found comfort in the Psalms. No matter what emotion you are experiencing or fight you're facing, the psalms have something important to say. For the next little while, Love Lines from God will feature, "Solace from the Psalms." We hope you enjoy. And please share them with a friend.  

I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread. Psalm 37:25 NLT
I couldn’t believe it when he handed me a one-hundred-dollar bill for a ten-dollar book.
I had just finished speaking and promoting my latest book. People lined up at the table, wanting to purchase a copy—and even wanting me to place my signature in the front cover. One by one they handed my wife their money and me their book.
As the line dwindled, I noticed one man waiting patiently with a bill neatly folded and tucked in his hand. As he approached, I signed his book and handed it over. He smiled, handed me the money, and quickly strolled away. I unfolded the bill, noticing a one and a zero. No change needed. But as I continued to unfold, another zero appeared. I immediately assumed he had confused the two bills.
As I contemplated chasing him down, the worship leader filled me in. “He hands out money all the time,” she said. But to calm my fears, she checked with him anyway. Sure enough, he wanted to pay one hundred dollars for a ten-dollar book.
What he didn’t know—but God did—was that my wife and I were behind on our power bill. My wife had prayed for God to supply our need that night. He did.
I’ve learned when I give to God first (Malachi 3:10), He’ll supply every need I have. After I’ve learned this, He’ll prompt me to pass along His blessings (Proverbs 14:21). And when these two actions are in order, it will enable me to keep my perspective on possessions in perspective (Proverbs 16:8).
Have you paid one hundred dollars for a ten-dollar book lately?
Join the conversation. Tell us about a time when you've given, and couldn't afford to.
Prayer: Thank You Merciful God for promising to supply our every need. Prompt us to pass along Your blessings to others in our path.


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


2 comments:

  1. We've been blessed like that when we needed it the most. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by for Thankful Thursday, but am not seeing your note about that. Though I'm sure anyone getting 100.00 instead of 10.00 was thankful. Oh now reading a comment above mine it says you did join the blog hop. This is week one for me. I thought we needed to say that in our post, or post the blog badge so guess I'm confused, lol

    ReplyDelete