Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Throwback Tuesday - The War Within - Martin Wiles

The War Within

Wars within can be far fiercer than wars without.

Some of my internal wars have been intense. One was my past addiction to tobacco. I started smoking at the age of fourteen. I enjoyed the habit for the next eight years until I began teaching a class at church. I simply didn’t feel comfortable teaching with a pack of cigarettes languishing in my front pocket. So I threw them out. For the next twenty years it appeared I had won the battle. But when things fell apart in my family and in my emotions, I lost the fight again. For four long years, I clutched my friendly enemies. Quitting the next time wasn’t as easy. The battle raged, and demons danced in my head attempting to convince me I needed what I knew I didn’t.  Read more...

Tweetable: Are you winning the war within?


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment