Monday, June 25, 2018

Hidden but Working - Martin Wiles

And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. Job 19:26-27 NLT
I never see it, but I know it’s still working.
My wife and I needed a car. Our finances were tight, so we were forced to buy a used vehicle. Three thousand dollars was the maximum amount we could spend. We wondered what kind of vehicle we might get for that amount.
Then we saw an ad for a Ford Explorer. The seller wanted more than three thousand, but we figured we could talk him down. And we did. He advertised it as having 100K miles. While test driving it, I noticed the digital odometer wasn’t showing. But at one moment, it did. The mileage was 200K. We had found our bargaining chip.
I worried about sinking money into a car with such high mileage, but we haven’t been disappointed. Four years later, she’s still running. When we first purchased her, the odometer showed up now and then. To date, I haven’t seen it in more than a year. But when it pops up, I notice the mileage and know the odometer is still working.
Job thought the same about God. His list of adversities was lengthy. He had lost most of his family and his possessions. Then he lost his health. To his knowledge, he hadn’t done anything to deserve this. His wife told him to curse God and die, but Job believed God was still working. And He was. At the end of his life, Job had more than at the beginning.
God often works in my life in hidden ways. I can only trace His handprint when I look back. When I’m looking forward, I rarely see it. But He does give me the presence of His Spirit who speaks through His still small voice, assuring me God is working.
God wants to form me into His Son’s image—to make me act, think, and talk like Jesus. He does it in ways that are hidden to me but laid bare to Him. I take one day at a time, faithing each step, believing that God is in control, that He loves me, and that He has my best interests in mind.
With Christ, life takes on a new perspective. Regardless of my circumstances, I can be an optimist rather than a pessimist. You can too.
Live each day knowing that while God may appear hidden He is still working.

Prayer: Father, we walk by faith each day believing You are working out Your best in our lives. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment