Monday, September 18, 2017

A Trustworthy Guide - Martin Wiles

The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8 NLT
Though I had never seen this person before, I trusted him to guide me for the next hour.
My wife and I were on vacation in the mountains of Tennessee and wanted to visit somewhere we hadn’t before. Forbidden Caverns popped up as near our location and on the way home. I visited caverns as a child, but many years had passed since I had walked beneath the earth’s surface.
We waited in the lobby for our guide to appear. After he did, he led us down a hallway and stopped us at the end of the ramp. He told who he was and explained what we would be doing. As we toured our designated pathways, I noticed many more walkways going off in various directions. Knowing how dark it would be should the electricity fail, I was glad we had a guide who knew the layout, had the means to contact help, and who could give us accurate information about the cave’s history and about the present forms of life that lived there.
God told David he would guide him along life’s pathway—advising him along the way, and David trusted Him to do so. After all, He had guided him while he was a shepherd boy and did the same when he became king of Israel.
God is my trustworthy guide because He’s competent. My cave guide didn’t make the cave, but he knew it intimately. He had been trained and could now lead others. God is sovereign. He made the earth, currently guides all the affairs on earth, and will culminate the end by making a new heaven and a new earth. He is all-wise and all-powerful. He dwells in the future I’ve not experienced. He knows my future, has good plans for my future, and will guide me into it if I’ll let Him. He is also able to provide the help I need along life’s journey. When trials, tribulations, and confusing times affront me, He’s available to give me power to overcome and wisdom to make the right decisions.
All of the above make God a trustworthy guide. I’ve used maps, others, GPS’s, and phone apps to guide me, but they all failed at some point. God never will.
Choose God as your trustworthy guide to maneuver you through the often confusing thing called life.

Prayer: Father, we trust You to guide us through the dangerous and confusing obstacles along life’s journey. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment