Saturday, October 15, 2016

Accepting God’s Plan - Martin Wiles

He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word…As a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:7 NLT

Accepting reality is not always the easiest thing to do.

My maternal grandfather raised hogs. The entire farmhouse seemed to be surrounded by hog pens. Since hogs are notorious for rooting under fences, I suppose it made sense to keep them in close proximity. 

A small shed was nestled in one of the hog pens, and it was here my grandfather herded hogs he planned to butcher or take to market. One such sow was large and had just weaned a litter of piglets. Now it was time to sell her. 

Getting her into the shed wasn’t a problem; persuading her to walk the ramp into the back of my grandfather’s pickup was. By the time she was finally convinced, she had almost destroyed the shed. Of course, she didn’t know what was about to happen; she merely didn’t want to go where someone else wanted her to go. She was comfortable in her environment. 

Hundreds of years before the Messiah’s birth, the prophet Isaiah told how the Messiah would die and how He would accept His destiny. Without saying a word or bucking reality, He would allow His enemies to accomplish the dastardly deed of crucifying Him. 

I myself have periodically struggled with accepting God’s plan, and I’ve known many others who have as well. What I choose to believe when facing this decision is that God’s plan is always better than mine. For one thing, He can see into the future—my entire life. I can only see the present and envision the future. I don’t possess the wisdom or fortitude to concoct a plan as God can. 

Accepting God’s plan requires complete trust on my part. Knowing He loves me unconditionally and is out for my good helps me accept His plan. Following His plan will propel me into a brighter future. 

Usually, accepting God’s plan entails change. Rarely—if ever, will following God’s plan keep me in the same place I am currently. While no one enjoys change, change with a higher purpose in mind is always beneficial.

Jesus says abundant living should be the norm for His children. When I accept His plan for me, I’ll experience that. 

Have you accepted God’s plan for your life? 

Prayer: Father, give us the faith to accept Your plan for our lives and to follow it obediently and consistently. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment