Saturday, August 13, 2016

Seeing Dimly - Martin Wiles

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. 1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJV

Things were clouding over, and I was getting nervous. 

My eyesight had been getting worse. About a year ago, the doctor pronounced I was a good candidate for glaucoma and began treating me with drops. Added to these was another salt based drop to use in my left eye before bedtime. 

Things seemed to clear up. One month into that stint, however, things began clouding over in my left eye. Blurriness reigned, and I was getting more nervous by the day. My wife called the doctor and scheduled an appointment. Fortunately, it was only pink eye. 
I’ve been seeing dimly since I was about 10 years old. Without glasses, I see more dimly now than then, and I have no hope my eyes will improve. Paul saw dimly as well. Scholars conjecture he may have had poor eyesight, but the seeing he speaks of here is spiritual. 

Though we see dimly, Jesus as God’s representative on earth—and God in the flesh, had the ability to see clearly. When He cleared the Court of the Gentiles from merchants who were cheating worshipers, he could see their deception and how they were preventing Gentiles from worshiping. When Nicodemus came with questions, Jesus saw he needed a new birth. When the disciples marveled over the grandeur of the Temple, Jesus saw its coming destruction. 

I’ve resigned that my eyesight will never improve. Glasses will ornament my face until I die. But though my eyesight will never be 20/20 physically, I can see 20/20—or at least close to it, spiritually. 

Like those who produce plays or movies, God wrote the final chapter of our lives first. The plan is in place; all we must do is consult Him on how to get there. Nor is God out to conceal the plan. We can know His plan and trust that it’s good. He wants us to live a full life, and accomplishing His purpose for us is the only way to achieve that. He’ll gladly allow us to see His plan clearly if we’ll ask. 

Don’t wonder why you’re here. God has a purpose for you. Seek it out through prayer and meditation on His Word. He’ll be happy to reveal it to you.

Prayer: Father, we ask You to show us Your purpose and plan for our lives.

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment