Saturday, January 23, 2016

Living in Beggar Mode - Martin Wiles

May you experience the love of Christ…. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:19 NLT

She was a princess who became the wife of a beggar who turned out to be a king. 

Her father was a king and intended to marry her off to another king. But she was a stubborn child and wouldn’t consent to his wishes. Though he paraded three kings before her, she rejected each one. In a rage, her father said, “Then I’ll marry you off to the first beggar who comes along.” And he did. Perhaps living as a beggar’s wife would teach her a lesson.

The beggar was kind and pledged to love her, but when she refused to perform her wifely duties, he sent her to a king’s home to work as a servant. Perhaps this would teach her appreciation. It did. She soon realized what she had turned down in the kings’ marriage proposals. But the king was about to be married. She couldn’t leave until she helped carry off the wedding. Her heart raced when she was introduced to the king. He was her beggar husband. And her…? She was a queen. She would live a full life after all. 

The princess could never live in queen mode as long as she was in beggar mode. Not until she realized she was the wife of a king could she even begin to experience everything that was hers. 

As a believer, I too can live in beggar mode. If I do, I’ll miss out on so much that’s mine because of my relationship with Christ. Since I’m the bride of Christ, everything he has is mine. I’ll only enjoy it, however, when I fully comprehend his love for me.

God’s love is wide, long, high, and deep. It reaches out to the entire world and is expansive enough to cover any life experience. He has loved me in the past, loves me now, and will love me throughout eternity. When I celebrate what God does through me, he celebrates with me. But when I’m in the depths of discouragement and despair, he is there as well. 

Don’t live life on a lower level than God intends. Live it to the fullest?

Prayer: Father, help us realize all we have in You so we might experience the fullness of our relationship with You.

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment