Thursday, June 4, 2015

Following the Leader - Martin Wiles

Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:20 NLT

Following graduation from high school, I avoided college and began looking for work to support myself. Attempting to avoid plant work, I chose Orkin Exterminating Company. Things went well initially, but then a shuffling around occurred and I found myself working under houses. One can find many things under houses: snakes, busted septic lines, spiders, discarded toys. One of my trainers was an older gentleman who hated flashlights. I, on the other hand, preferred looking around before I lunged under a house. While in training, I followed his lead—frightened and in the dark. Surprisingly, he always took me to the area where we needed to go and without incident. 

Jesus is a better leader. Prior to his arrival, people were forced to approach a priest, confess their sins, and allow him to go before God in their behalf. God, however, wanted unhindered access as had originally been the case with Adam and Eve. So in his perfect timing, he sent his Son to blaze the path back to him. Now all who follow his lead can come boldly into God’s presence without fear of rejection or condemnation.     

As a follower of Christ, I’ve been charged with the responsibility of leading. In what direction I lead others and with what qualities are important considerations. By my actions, words, and attitudes, I should direct those in my circle of influence in a particular direction. I’m a leader whether I desire the position or not, but where will others end up if they follow me? When my lifestyle reflects Jesus’, I’ll lead them to understand who Jesus was and is and what he was sent to earth to accomplish. By watching me, they’ll comprehend the exchanged life—living for Christ instead of me. Those who choose to follow my lead will stroll successfully through the mountains and valleys of life on their way to an eternal Promised Land. 

Who’s following your lead, and where are you taking them?

Prayer: Father, help us lead others to an abundant relationship with You. 
(Photo courtesy of morguefile and rocker123.)

 ______________________________


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment