Friday, January 16, 2015

Flashback Friday - Martin Wiles

Anxious Living by Martin Wiles

I opened the letter slowly, noting the return address. My employer’s name glared at me and since it was spring of the year, I imagined bad news.

Sure enough, I wasn’t offered a contract for the next school year. The economy had slowed and funds were cut from the district’s operating budget. Unnecessary help had to go. Having recently lost a career and remembering how difficult it was to find the present job, my anxiety level rose significantly. I had bills to pay and children to care for. 

The next two months were consumed with filling out employment applications, undergoing interviews, making my unemployment check stretch to the limit and praying for God to act. Eventually he did, and interestingly he put me where I met my future wife. Read more...

______________________________


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment