Thursday, May 29, 2014

From Hardship to Healing by Martin Wiles

“Life is difficult.” A simple but profound statement from M. Scott Peck’s national best-seller, The Road Less Traveled. He continues, “Once we know that life is difficult—once we truly understand and accept it—then life is no longer difficult.” 

Recently I heard a similar statement: “You don’t get to the top of the mountain by climbing the smooth side.” I concur. One of my favorite mountains to climb is Tray Mountain, located in the northeastern mountains of Georgia. But getting there requires scaling Rocky Mountain.

The biblical epitome of hardship was Job. A man from whom all was taken by Satan with God’s permission. And for what purpose? To prove to Satan that Job’s righteousness wasn’t because he had treated him favorably. In spite of hardships, Job praised God. I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD! (Job 1:21 NLT)

Lies that Satan would have us believe include: life should be fair, life should be easy, and life should afford me anything I desire. Nowhere does God promise any of the previous. Society may infer them, and teachers and parents may even perpetuate them, but the truth comes barreling through when hardships strike. 

God, however, doesn’t want the hardship to make me bitter or angry. He desires that I experience healing. This comes by believing the truth. The truth is that I must learn to be content with what he provides, even if that’s only my needs. Initiative is good, but I must learn to trust his wisdom when life’s hardships arrive. Truth sets me free and helps me face life with confidence and peace. And the truth is that God loves me, will provide for me, and will guide me through any hardship that comes my way.

Have life’s hardships made you bitter, angry, or caused you to distrust God? If so, confess that to him and let him heal your emotions and give you a new vision for life.

Prayer: Thank You merciful God for promising to bring us through every hardship we face in life.

Martin N Michelle
Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment