Saturday, March 22, 2014

Snow White and the Forgiven Sins by Martin Wiles

Once snow gets dirty, there’s no turning it white again. 

During the winter of 2014, snow fell for three consecutive days in Upstate South Carolina. I’ve lived in South Carolina 46 of my 54 years, and never can I remember a three-day snow event. Six days later, spots of snow still lingered in shaded areas. The freshly fallen snow was beautiful as it lay on the ground. But as temperatures slowly rose and people ventured out in their vehicles, what was perfectly white became dingy. Piled beside the roadway, it no longer appeared as it did when it first made its landing. As bad as I wanted, I couldn’t make it white again. 

“Come now, let’s settle this,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow.” (Isaiah 1:18 NLT)

My life was like that dirty snow the moment I was born. Sure, I may have seemed innocent and sweet, but it didn’t take long for my sinful nature to make itself known. Temper tantrums, selfishness, pouting. They all came naturally. I was a sinner by birth and by nature. 

Nor did I have the power to change this inherited condition. I couldn’t make it white any more than I could transform that dirty snow back into its initial state. Only God possesses the power to take a dirty nature and make it clean again. Only he can take my scarlet colored nature and paint it as white as snow. And the moment I recognize my sinful nature and plead with him for forgiveness, he does just that. 

I may not always appear as white as snow from my viewpoint, but from God’s I am clean and pure. Now that I’m in this relationship with him, my life has purpose, meaning, and joy. I am snow white because my sins are forgiven.

Have you allowed God to make your sins as white as snow?

Prayer: Thank You Father for making it possible for our sins to made as white as snow through the shed blood of Your Son on Calvary’s cross.

Martin N MichelleThanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment