Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Power of Two by Martin Wiles

The small tent can be set up by one, but it is much easier to erect with two people.

I have a one-man tent. Two people can sleep in it—and have, but I have to like the other person extremely well to invite them in. And if two use it, they must also be small in size. Since it’s a one man tent, it stands to reason that one person should be able to assemble it. And it is possible…but aggravating. It doesn’t pop up, which means parts of it have to be held with one hand while driving the tent stakes and attached lines into the ground with the other. Not an easy task.

Setting up a tent isn’t the only thing in life that’s more easily accomplished with assistance. Life itself runs smoother. Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed (Ecclesiastes 4:9 NLT).

God created us for companionship. He was pleased with Adam and all the other things he had created. But Adam was alone, and God knew he needed companionship. While some choose a life of isolation and hibernation, life is more fully lived with others. Loneliness is a dreadful bed fellow.

Not only do others provide companionship, but two are stronger and can accomplish more than one. Almost everything I do is more enjoyable when done with a companion. I can erect the tent by myself, but it’s much easier with support. With help, more is accomplished and in less time.

Other people also impart accountability for me. Sure I’m accountable to God, but I can’t see, feel, or have a conversation with him where I can actually hear him speak. With someone else, I can. Having good Christian friends makes me a more productive believer.

Are you discovering the power of two?

Prayer: Remind us, dear God, that You have created others for our companionship and for assistance with building Your kingdom.

Need a fresh perspective on money matters? Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment