Thursday, September 5, 2013

Discovering God’s Purpose by Martin Wiles

I’m not very proficient at math, but this I know: the correct answer comes only by following the proper procedure.

For the first time this year, a grammar and Bible teacher had to teach a sixth grade math class. I accepted the challenge thinking: “How hard could it be teaching sixth grade math?” The headmaster comforted me; “Remember ‘My Dear Aunt Sally.’” Which means the order for solving problems with several operations is multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction. If I put division before multiplication or subtraction before addition, my answer will be incorrect.

The same is true when it comes to finding my purpose in life. I can discover a purpose on my own, but it might not be God’s. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance (Ephesians 1:11 NLT).

I’m created in God’s image, and his overarching goal is that I trust him as Savior. Beyond that, he has a special task for me and has assigned a unique personality—along with various gifts, for me to accomplish it. 

Although it’s the way most people go about it, guessing shouldn’t be the avenue we use to discover God’s destiny. I may choose to do something wonderful that aids humanity and pads my bank account at the same time, but it may not be God’s plan for me.

Knowing God’s purpose for my life involves an order of operations: diligent prayer and attention to my gifts and life circumstances. When I’ve matched what his Spirit leads me to with my talents, I’ll know in my spirit I’ve found his purpose. And peace and happiness will be the end result.

God has a purpose for your life. Don’t settle for just any purpose. Discover God’s and impact the world.

Prayer: Thank You Lord Jesus for creating us with purpose. Reveal Your plans to us that we might use our gifts and talents to accomplish Your will.

Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment