Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mastering the Road Map by Martin Wiles

Series: Learning to Do Good

Once a challenge, technology has almost relegated them to the annals of history.

Mastering a road atlas is taxing. The more territory it covers, the less detail is present and the more jumbled the highways, interstates and cities are. Trying to follow a particular route is a chore when you cross one of these congested areas. I’ve done my share of road map reading. Looking at it right side up usually confuses me on my turns, so I normally face it the way I’m traveling. Fortunately, apps on cell phones and GPS’s have almost made them extinct.

God’s Word is the believer’s road map and the key that opens the learning to do good lock. Our people must learn to do good (Titus 3:14 NLT). For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword…It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires (Hebrews 4:12 NLT).

God’s Word was written thousands of years ago, but the power of God’s Spirit who inspired the writers of this ancient book still makes it come alive to those who take time to read and meditate on the principles. Power to do good results when I apply the principles and become a doer of the Word rather than a casual hearer.

God’s Word convicts and cuts me like a double-edged sword when I observe his standards and then compare them with mine and how I practice them daily. It reveals who I truly am in my innermost being rather than the person I often let others observe. It’s my road map that when followed correctly and consistently keeps me on the path of holy living and sacrificial serving and keeps my perspective on eternal things. Take up God’s road map and enjoy success at traveling life’s good road.

Prayer:  Thank You eternal God for providing the road map that leads us to forgiveness of sin, service to others, successful living, and eventually an eternity with You.

An ebook on getting the Christian life right. Click the title-Authentic Christianity, for downloading information.


No comments:

Post a Comment