Friday, August 17, 2012

Blooming Where God Plants by Martin Wiles

He was a master gardener and member of my church. Each spring-when all danger of frost had passed, he would give my wife and me flowers to plant. One year he surprised us with two hydrangeas sporting rich pink blooms.

But hydrangeas have a way of changing from the original flower received. Depending on the content of the soil, a beautiful pink hydrangea may transform into a pale blue one. And ours did the following year. 

God planted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them to bloom there and all over the world. So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them (Genesis 1:27 NLT).

Blooming for God involves recognizing my responsibility to him. He created me, which makes him my Master and Lord. Though I can do what I want-and disregard him in the process, I can’t without consequence. Happiness is fulfilling his purpose for me.

Blooming for God means realizing my responsibility to the earth. I don’t have to be a “tree hugger,” but I should be “green.” God’s “new heaven and earth” will probably be a renovated version of the present and similar to the original creation. The more work I do now to keep it healthy, the less God may have to do in the future.

Blooming for God also accepts my responsibility for others. Loving them is God’s second greatest command. I can’t be all things to all people, but I can be all God desires to those in my circle of influence.

Are you blooming where God has planted you? No one else has the unique opportunities God has given you.

Prayer: Creator of this world and our immortal souls, plant us where we’ll bloom the brightest for You.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. We do have a responsibility to continue walking the path the Lord has given us in each place He plants us.

    ReplyDelete