Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Knowing Our Position

Matthew 10:24 Students are not greater than their teacher, and slaves are not greater than their master. (NLT)

Cloth Doffer. It’s what I was and did. Watched cloth run and roll. When the roll completed, I stopped it, cut it, rolled it away and started another. And for ten long sleepy hours. It wasn’t my responsibility to weave-though I passed through that department on the way to mine. I was trained to doff and doff is what I did. Doing anything else would have created a disaster for someone to straighten out. Students are not greater than teachers or servants than masters. And I’m not greater than God. That was Jesus’ point. Life is simpler when I know my position, stay in my position and fulfill the obligations of my position. Trouble is I occasionally attempt to take God’s by acting as if he doesn’t exist. I chart my financial course, map out my relationship route, and graph my employment road-all without consulting my Captain. God controls and knows everything. That’s his position. Mine is consulting and submitting.

Peace and success come from letting God direct your life course.
copyright by Martin Wiles, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment