Friday, January 27, 2012

Endless Forgiveness

Matthew 12:31 So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven. (NLT)
I’ve heard it defined differently-the unpardonable sin, that is. And I suppose I’ve occasionally wondered if I’ve committed it. Or if I’ve sinned so much God will put a limit on his forgiveness-“One more time and that’s it.” Actually, I haven’t done the first and God never does the second. Attributing what Jesus did to Satan was only possible while Jesus was alive. The only unpardonable sin is refusing belief in Jesus and accepting his forgiveness. God’s forgiveness cancels past, present and future sins, and we never have to worry over them anymore. When standing before his throne, he will never say, “Oops, I forgot one. No heaven for you.” Jesus paid for every sin on Calvary’s cross. Accepting his substitutionary sacrifice applies the payment to every sin I have and will commit. Living with the knowledge of full forgiveness is exciting, liberating, assuring, and comforting. No longer will anything separate us from God’s love.

God never says “One more and no more.”

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace! Living in the freedom of His love is the only place I want to be! Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful word for today! I am going through a study in Ephesians. And it's so wonderful to read and study words that affirm the absolute forgiveness of God. I am popping over from Bless a Blogger Friday (it's still Friday, right? Although on my side of the Great Pond it's already Saturday morning ). I pray that His Word becomes more and more alive to you each and every day. Blessings from Zagreb!

    ReplyDelete