Friday, September 30, 2011

Love’s Rescue

Colossians 1:13-14 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins. (NLT)

I was once rescued from a terrible habit: biting my fingernails. My grandmother performed the feat by promising me the sum of two dollars for every fingernail I let grow. This, by the way, came after a painful trip to the emergency room to remove an infected fingernail I had pulled into the quick. The pain and money were enough to spark my interest in the rescue. Trouble was, as soon as I received the money, I returned to the habit. God’s rescue is permanent. Once I choose to let him rescue me from the penalty of my sins, I don’t have to worry about them taking me into the quick anymore.
(photo courtesy of Ambro at www.freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment