Friday, August 19, 2011

Love Incomprehensible

Isaiah 55:9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. (NLT)

As we rose above the first layer of clouds another expanse of space greeted us. Clouds that threatened of rain surrounded the airport but now the sun spread its rays over the airplane. Somehow I knew that if we could go higher yet another site would unfold. I’m the first to admit; I do not understand how a piece of heavy machinery like an airplane can actually leave the ground and soar through the air with nothing supporting it. Nor do I understand the physics of how a multi ton ship can float on water but will quickly sink if a hole appears. I often don’t understand God either. Perhaps I’m not supposed to-at least not completely. His manner of doing things and his thoughts far surpass my puny mind. But he chooses to relate many things about himself to me; the most profound being that he loves me in spite of myself. I don’t understand that either but I’m glad he does. And even more astounding is that he calls me his child and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment