Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I Planned This…Or Not by Martin Wiles

Joseph Goebbels, Hitler’s minister of propaganda, laid out Hitler’s plans. The Führer (Adolf Hitter) gave expression to his unshakable conviction that the Reich will be the master of all Europe. We shall yet have to engage in many fights, but these will undoubtedly lead to most wonderful victories. From there on the way to world domination is practically certain. Whoever dominates Europe will thereby assume the leadership of the world. And Hitler attempted this by invading other countries, attempting to eliminate groups and races he imagined interfered with a pure German stock, and doing whatever else was necessary to restore Germany to its pre-World War I glory. Fortunately, many nations of the world stepped in and crushed his dreadful plan. 

Planning is vital. Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” (James 4:13 NLT)

Many of my life situations have unfolded due to my planning, but there have been others that didn’t. Planning or goal making comes in two forms: short and long term. When making either, including God is paramount. He promises his plans for me are good, so discovering what they are makes sense. My resulting goals will then correspond with his. 

Considering others when planning is also very important. Rarely do my plans only affect me. And God’s plans for me—whatever they might be, will include interaction with others. I can’t impact his Kingdom or spread his love without doing so. 

Additionally, God can interrupt my plans. Fortunately, Hitler’s were foiled. When mine are, I must consider whether I’m off track in the present or whether I was misguided when I first formulated them. I’m only human, but God can also see things in my future I can’t. Interruptions can be viewed as divine appointments rather than failures or setbacks. 

One thing is certain: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. What are you planning for?

Prayer: Merciful Savior, as we plan, remind us to include You and Your kingdom’s work so our plans will be blessed and honored by You. 

Ever feel like you just can't get the Christian life right? Read Jesus' solution for success. Download your copy today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment