Saturday, March 1, 2014

Calm in the Chaos by Martin Wiles

What appears incapable of incapacitating can often incapacitate nonetheless. 

Meteorologists advised the South to prepare. A major winter storm packing snow and ice was on the way. Many school officials sent students home before it arrived or either cancelled classes entirely. But some in and around Atlanta, Georgia, weren’t so fortunate. By the time students were dismissed, roads were too treacherous for buses to navigate. Students were returned to schools. Buses couldn’t take them home, and parents couldn’t retrieve them. The interstates weren’t any better. Ice and accidents produced a congested tangle with hundreds being forced to spend the night in their vehicles or abandon them and walk for help. 

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. (Zephaniah 3:17 NLT)

A quick glance at world affairs appears to reveal a chaotic mess. While there are good things occurring, the bad seems to outweigh the beneficial. I’ve also experienced more chaotic episodes than I care to remember. But chaos is only chaos when I view events through my limited perspective. God has a plan, and the plans he has for me are for good not harm. Chaos only results when I fail to believe this and try to handle life myself without appealing to his guidance.

Peace is available and possible in spite of chaotic circumstances. The Bible calls it peace beyond my comprehension. Chaotic conditions can be initiated by others or when things are beyond my control, but peace is mine for the asking. God never changes even when my circumstances do. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. When I trust him, he’ll always bring calm from the chaos.

Let God lead you to peace even when everything around you is in turmoil.

Prayer: Thank You Father that the plans you have for us are for our good and never to harm us. May we trust You for the peace we need when circumstances appear out of control. 

Begin each day with a dose of encouraging thoughts. Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon. 

1 comment:

  1. My hair is almost white,but my mind is still good enough to watch out for the enemy, and cry out to the Lord. Still serve Him with gladness. Bless the Father for His giving of what we have,and to use it to bless others.

    ReplyDelete