Thursday, March 21, 2013

God on Time by Martin Wiles

The gas needle teetered too close to E for my comfort. Calculating our bank balance and the miles we had to drive before payday increased my anxiety.

When there’s only one income, things get stretched. And they were. We prayed. My next paycheck was almost two weeks away, and our gas tank was thirsty. As I wondered how I’d get to work the following day, a small check for editing work completed arrived. Just enough for gas. But God’s provision continued. We sold a piece of furniture at a local consignment shop, our pastor asked me to preach, and a local organization sent us a generous donation. We needed gas; God gave much more. But in his time.

Daniel’s prayer wasn’t answered immediately either. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding…your request has been heard…But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way (Daniel 10:12-13 NLT).

Unbelief and doubt delay God’s answers. Jesus said I should believe I have what I’m praying for (Mark 11:24). When I don’t, I’m wasting my time and his.

Spiritual warfare can delay God’s answers. These wars occur between demonic beings and God’s angels. No need to worry though; God is all-powerful.

The answers we seek can also be delayed because they aren’t God’s will or timing. God’s answer is conditioned by my request matching his will. Occasionally, he may even give me what isn’t his will to teach me lessons. Such as when he let the Israelites have an earthly king.

Furthermore, God’s timetable is usually different than mine. I keep this in mind when the answers seem to trickle in.


Does it appear God has forgotten you? Trust his timing and believe he has your best interests at heart.

Prayer: When it appears that You’ve forgotten us, Father of love teach us to trust Your timing rather than be anxious over our immediate situation.

Try one of our recipes from The Healthier Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment