Thursday, October 18, 2012

God Unlimited by Martin Wiles

I remember the first time I donned them. I detested every minute, but the alternative wasn’t enticing. I’ve had limited sight since I was a young boy. Glasses are a required part of my wardrobe if I’m to see clearly ten feet and farther or two feet and nearer.

Even if my eyes were 20/20, my sight would still be limited. Eyes are only constructed to see clearly for a certain distance, and they can’t see through solid objects. I can see an airplane several thousand feet above the earth in a clear sky but can’t see tomorrow. From a mountain peak, I may see hundreds of miles, but tomorrow is invisible. As a small boy sitting on my father’s shoulders at a local parade, I could see half the floats, but thirty years into my future is unknowable.

Fortunately, God’s eyesight is perfect close up, far away and into the future. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account (Hebrews 4:13).

While I’m bound by time, God can enter or escape it. He can know what I can’t comprehend, see what I can’t perceive and control what I can’t master. He can outdistance the speed of light and observe the entire parade.

Worshipping an unlimited God is exciting. I don’t have to worry about tomorrows because he’s already where I’m not and knows what I’ll face in each of them. He may not remove all the obstacles and challenges, but he’ll prepare me today to face what I’ll have to experience tomorrow. Nothing before us is more powerful than the God behind us.

Prayer: All-powerful God, when fears of tomorrows cloud our todays, strengthen our trust in Your unlimited ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment